OWC Flex 1U4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 Storage Array 64TB
- Drive diversity: use SATA/SAS and U.2/M.2 NVMe drives for up to 128TB of capacity and real-world Thunderbolt speeds up to 2750MB/s
- Drive flexibility: swap drives quickly and easily if/when needed
- Go Maximum: utilize U.2 NVMe SSDs - as well as the OWC ecosystem of U.2 drives and adapters - for incredible speed and flash density per bay
- Powerfully easy RAID: create, manage, and monitor advanced RAID sets with OWC SoftRAID
- Use it all: connect keyboards, mixers, cameras, displays, and mobile devices such as tablets with (2) USB-C 10Gb/s and (3) USB-A 10Gb/s ports
- See more: connect up to an 8K display to the DisplayPort 1.4 port
- Do more: add a half-length full-height single-width audio/video capture, 10Gb Ethernet, SSD storage, hardware RAID, or I/O card to the PCIe x16 lane (at x4 speed) slot
- Configurable: daisy chain up to five devices or add an additional display with the second Thunderbolt (USB-C) port
- Charge: keep your notebook powered with 85W via the upstream Thunderbolt port
- 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty
The 64TB Flex 1U4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 Storage Array from OWC / Other World Computing is a flexible storage, docking, and PCIe expansion solution for rackmount use. Compatible with macOS 10.15, 11.x, and 12.x, the Flex 1U4 features a storage capacity of 64TB, which is split between 4 x 16TB 7200 rpm SATA 3.5" hard drives. Connectivity to your host system is established using a 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 port, which supports data transfers at up to 5000 MB/s. Daisy-chain five additional devices or add a second display to a second Thunderbolt 3 port, while two 10 Gb/s USB Type-C, three 10 Gb/s USB Type-A ports, and one DisplayPort 1.4 port provide additional connectivity options. Further expansion, such as audio/video capture cards, 10Gb Ethernet, SSD storage, a hardware RAID, or other I/O card can be realized using the PCIe 3.0 x16/x4 slot.
If you would like to upgrade or replace the storage in your Flex 1U4, the drive bays natively support 2.5" and 3.5" SATA drives, as well as 2.5" and 3.5" U.2 drives. SAS drives are supported with an SAS drive controller (sold separately) and M.2 drives are supported using an M.2 to U.2 adapter, such as the OWC U2 Shuttle and OWC U2 ShuttleOne (sold separately). Also, the Flex 1U4 may be used on Macs with Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt ports via an adapter (sold separately), but this will not support notebook charging via Thunderbolt.
Rack Up Workflow Flexibility
Ideal for Rackmounting Environments
- In School: perfect for taming ever-growing collections of digital files with easy integration and future drive capacity and performance scalability.
- At Work: adds Thunderbolt speed and swappable drives to server closets, server rooms, or colocation center backup capabilities.
- On Stage: handles all the storage and peripheral connectivity needs front-of-house pros require for live performances.
- On Set: easily fits into mobile DIT carts to capture multi-stream, hi-res footage at full framerate while daisy-chaining up to five additional Thunderbolt devices.
- In Studio: expands storage and connectivity options of fixed racks.
- At Home: great for installers creating a high-performance home entertainment server closet.
Do It U.2 It
A Complete Swap and Share Ecosystem
- OWC U2 ShuttleOne: Convert an NVMe M.2 "blade" style SSD into a swappable 2.5" U.2 SSD with the peace of mind that your drive and its content are protected by the full metal, heat-dissipating adapter.
- OWC U2 Shuttle: Combine four NVMe M.2 SSDs into a 3.5" U.2 carrier shuttle to create a swappable, massive capacity RAID solution.
- OWC Helios 3S with Interchange System: Create an external Thunderbolt powered set to post U.2 solution that safeguards your data while lowering shipping costs.
- OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual: Put blazing fast Thunderbolt powered storage and backup on a desktop with a compact two bay footprint that can use U2 ShuttleOne and U2 Shuttles.
- OWC ThunderBay Flex 8: Take control of your media workflow with a 3-in-1 Thunderbolt storage, docking, and PCIe expansion desktop solution. Easily swaps U2 ShuttleOne and U2 Shuttles to/from the Flex 1U4.
Ready to Rack
RAID Made Easy
SoftRAID provides a level of storage performance that you simply cannot get with hardware RAID and is ideal for anyone who needs to safely store and backup massive amounts of data, including educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, content creators, and M and E professionals. If you need even more power and flexibility, you can upgrade to SoftRAID Pro to spread volumes over two or more disk enclosures.
Certified for Demanding Use
- Up to two 4K displays at 60 Hz
- One 8K display at 60 Hz
- One 4K display at 120 Hz
- One 5K display at 60 Hz
Secure Your Connections
Display Support by Port
- Thunderbolt 3: up to 8K at 60 Hz or 4K at 120 Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or other display that supports USB Type-C connections and DisplayPort 1.4
- DisplayPort 1.4: up to 8K at 60 Hz or 4K at 120 Hz
- One Thunderbolt 3 port with 85W of power delivery
- One Thunderbolt 3 port with 15W of power delivery
- Two USB Type-C ports with 15W of power delivery
- Four bays supporting 2.5" SATA drives, 3.5" SATA drives, 2.5" U.2 drives, 3.5" U.2 drives, M.2 drives (with an M.2 to U.2 adapter), 2.5" SAS drives (with a SAS drive controller card), and 3.5" SAS drives (with a SAS drive controller card)
- Bays 1 and 2 each support PCIe x4, while bays 3 and 4 support PCIe x1
|OWC 64TB Flex 1U4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 Storage Array (4 x 16TB) Thunderbolt Cable (2.3 feet / 0.7m) Rackmounting Hardware for 18-26" Racks and Cabinets SoftRAID Software Bundle SoftRAID XT User Guide
|2.3 feet / 0.7 m
|BSMI, CE, FCC, RCM, VCCI, as per Manufacturer
|18 x 16.9 x 1.7" / 45.7 x 42.9 x 4.3 cm
|Rackmount (1 RU)
|8 to 90% (Non-Condensing)
|2022: check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility, macOS 12macOS 11macOS 10.15*As of April
|1 x 300 W
|64TB (4 x 16TB)
|-40 to 149 degrees F / -40 to 65 degrees C
|Limited 5-Year Warranty
Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on order of $50 or more to all state except Alaska, Hawai and Puerto Rico. See full Shipping Policies.
Most unopened items sold by Melrose Inc. in new condition and returned within 30 days will receive a refund or exchange. The return window for items sold online begins once the order has been invoiced. Invoicing happens when any part of the order is shipped, delivered by a courier service or made ready for pick up.
Software is not returnable and not refundable. All sales are final. This is generally part of all webcarts selling software. It is buyer beware. The reason for this is once an end-user customer sees a License Code then that code is 'spoiled' because they can use it to gain access to the software. Once a License Code is registered by a customer that product is available to that customer and therefore the code cannot be returned.
See full Return Policy.