Sonnet Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 to Low-Profile PCle Expansion System
Sonnet Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 to Low-Profile PCIe Expansion System
The Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 to Low-Profile PCIe Card Expansion System from Sonnet provides a PCIe 3.0 x8 slot for Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebooks, SFF desktop systems, and other computers without a PCIe slot. The Echo Express SEL supports low-profile PCIe cards with a length of up to 6.6", such as audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb Ethernet, or RAID controller PCIe cards, which operate over the Thunderbolt connection. There's also an integrated variable-speed fan for cooling your PCI card and the SE's internal components.
The Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 Expansion System comes with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, letting you daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices to your computer. Each of the two Thunderbolt 3 ports transmits data at a rate of up to 40 Gbps and offers a USB Type-C design, so you can connect the included 1.6' Thunderbolt 3 cable on the first try. Moreover, a ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip is supplied to help ensure the cable stays connected to the chassis.
- Small Package, Full Performance
- Measuring just 4" wide by 8.4" long by 2.8" tall, the Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition is suitable for use in circumstances where connecting a single low-profile PCIe card is required. Many of the most popular Thunderbolt-compatible high-speed networking and storage controller cards are compatible, including a BlueFish 444 Epoch 4K Neutron video card.
- Thunderbolt 3 Technology
- The Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 edition includes two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports; the first connects it to your computer, while the second supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The SE I comes with USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using a proper cable or adapter. The SE I also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60 Hz or one 5K display @ 60 Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
- Smart Design
- The Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition's lightweight, yet rugged aluminum outer shell securely protects the installed PCIe card. Inside, the card is protected with a variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan, which ensures that the card and SE I's internal components remain reliably cool. The fan automatically speeds up as necessary to cool the optional PCIe card when it's hot, and slows down when it's cool. Since Echo Express products automatically power on and off with your computer, there is no power switch on the chassis, ensuring you don't waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
- Designed to accommodate cards up to 6.6" long, the Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition supports most low-profile, single-width PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, and PCIe 1.1 cards, which are compatible over a Thunderbolt connection.
- Quiet Cooling
- The Echo Express SEL is designed to be quiet so that it can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive environments. The airflow path within the chassis has been specially designed to enable the temperature-controlled, variable speed fan to quietly and efficiently cool the PCIe card at all times.
- Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok Included
- To connect the Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, Sonnet includes a 1.6' (0.5m) Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) cable and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure the cable to the Echo chassis. Accidental cable disconnection can lead to data loss. Sonnet's ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use-just slide it over one end of the cable and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew.
Sonnet Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 to Low-Profile PCIe Card Expansion System
|Certifications||RoHS, as per Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||4.0 x 8.3 x 2.8" 10.2 x 21.1 x 7.1cm|
|Warranty||Limited 1-Year Warranty|
Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on order of $50 or more to all state except Alaska, Hawai and Puerto Rico. See full Shipping Policies.
Most unopened items sold by Melrose Inc. in new condition and returned within 30 days will receive a refund or exchange. The return window for items sold online begins once the order has been invoiced. Invoicing happens when any part of the order is shipped, delivered by a courier service or made ready for pick up. See full Return Policy.