480GB PADLOCK USB SSD ENCRYPTEDEXT FIPS RUGGEDIZED
Apricorn Aegis 480GB Padlock USB 3.0 Solid State Drive
The Apricorn Aegis 480GB Padlock USB 3.0 Solid State Drive is a high-performance and secure storage solution. With its compact form factor and advanced security measures, this drive is perfect for anyone looking to keep their data safe and protected.
Utilizes Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- 256-bit AES-XTS hardware encryption
- Real-time data encryption
- Protects data even if the drive is removed from its enclosure
USB 3.0 Connection
- Data transfer rates up to ten times faster than traditional USB 2.0 drives
- Fast performance comparable to that of your computer's internal drive
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports
Software Free Design - With No Admin Rights to Contend With
- No software installation required for setup or operation
- Can run on almost any platform
- Configured with independent Admin and User PINs
- Enrollment of up to five unique User ID's and one Administrator
Drive Reset Feature
- Clears all PINs and data
- Creates a new randomly generated encryption key
- Enables the drive to be reset and redeployed as many times as needed
- Configured to lock after a pre-determined amount of time
- Helpful if protecting your data when you're away from your desk
Data at Rest Protection
- All data, PINs, and encryption keys are always encrypted while at rest
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
- Three pronged approach to protect against a Brute Force attack
- Denies access to the drive until the drive can verify the user PIN
- Blocks automated attempts to enter PIN numbers
- Destroys the encryption key and lock itself after a pre-determined number of failed PIN entries
Sealed from Physical Attacks by a Tough Epoxy Coating
- Encryption chip and circuitry protected by a super tough epoxy compound
- Virtually impossible to remove without causing permanent damage to the electronics
Wear Resistant Key Pad
- Entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates 'wear resistant' keypads
- Hides key usage and avoids tipping off a potential hacker to the commonly used keys
VTC (Variable Timing Circuit) Technology
- Apricorn's Variable Time Circuit (VTC) technology works to thwart "timing attacks"
- Protects against hacker attempts to access the drive by studying the behavior and infiltrating the Padlock's electronics
Compact, Rugged Design
- Low powered design good for using with notebooks and taking your data on the road
- 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system protects the drive from drops and knocks
- Integrated USB 3.0 cable eliminates the need to carry around cords
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|4.7 x 3.6 x 1.7"
|APRICORN MASS STO
|FIPS 140-2 Level 2
|Limited 3-Year Warranty
Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on order of $50 or more to all state except Alaska, Hawai and Puerto Rico. See full Shipping Policies.
Most unopened items sold by Melrose Inc. in new condition and returned within 30 days will receive a refund or exchange. The return window for items sold online begins once the order has been invoiced. Invoicing happens when any part of the order is shipped, delivered by a courier service or made ready for pick up.
Software is not returnable and not refundable. All sales are final. This is generally part of all webcarts selling software. It is buyer beware. The reason for this is once an end-user customer sees a License Code then that code is 'spoiled' because they can use it to gain access to the software. Once a License Code is registered by a customer that product is available to that customer and therefore the code cannot be returned.
See full Return Policy.